Thursday, May 5, 2011

the inspiration





I'm often asked where my ideas come from and what's my style - where do I start?

I'm inspired most by Rosemary Beach (my home away from home for one week every summer), but I also get inspiration from places my husband and I travel to (the Palm Beach Ritz Carlton is immaculate), HGTV (Sarah Richardson and Candice Olson are my favorites), magazines (Veranda and Architectural Digest to name a few), local shops (Gray Living, Mary Cates & Co, Blue Print... the list goes on and on), and last but certainly not least my mom (the visionary).

Unfortunately my inspiration usually comes with a large price tag, so I'm always running around town trying to find something similar for less (so thankful to have the Wisteria outlet in Dallas). My aunt Cj gave us the greatest advice when we first bought our house two years ago - take your time finding/saving for the pieces you love. Our house is an ongoing project.

So, what's my style? Contemporary. Rosemary Beach meets Park Avenue.

*images courtesy of http://traceryinteriors.com/

2 Comments:

Ellen said...

LOVE this house, where did you find it?
BTW, painted my fireplace yesterday!

Jonathan said...

This house is awesome

Post a Comment