Monday, July 1, 2013

southern peach


Savannah at Sunset

Water Taxi.

Abigail on her first boat ride.

The Savannah River.

The Talmadge Memorial Bridge.

Wilson Village at Palmetto Bluff.

Wilson Village's corner cafe - Buffalo's.

Abigail found a few friends along the way.

The Chapel at Palmetto Bluff.

The Inn at Palmetto Bluff.

The dock and cottages at Palmetto Bluff.

The May River.

Picturesque view of the May River.

The Paris Market & Brocante in Savannah.

One Fish Two Fish in Savannah.

Tuckered out from her first girls' trip.
Home from yet another wonderful vacation. We took a girls trip to Savannah, Georgia. Once we found the right area it was everything I had always envisioned from reading Mary Kay Andrew's novels. The parks, the trees covered with moss, the Savannah breeze at night, the charming houses, southern cooking and all the great little shops. The Paris Market & Brocante is a must. Avoid shopping along the river unless you like cheap, tacky souvenirs and bars.

The first night we stayed at the Westin on the Savannah Harbor. Great resort and very family friendly with lots to do onsite. The second and third night we stayed at the Mansion on Forsyth Park. A luxury hotel more suited towards a romantic getaway.

The second day my mom took us to the most amazing place I've ever been, Palmetto Bluff. Sigh. I couldn't get back there fast enough. The scenery was beautiful, the food impeccable - m&m cupcake at Buffalo's is to die for. Every detail impressive. I hope my sister can convince our dad for her to be married there, it would be immaculate. Plus, I'd be guaranteed a trip back next year. : )

The third day we went to Hilton Head. Utterly disappointed. The ocean, yuck! When you're use to turquoise waters and white sands it's hard to expect anything less. Back to Palmetto Bluff we went. This time discovering the tennis courts, stables, RT's Market and once again in total awe of every surrounding. We were in downtown Savannah by early evening. Strolled the beautiful streets and parks. Had a delicious dinner at 700 Drayton Restaurant. Another great day.

On the fourth day we explored more of downtown, did a little shopping and flew home that afternoon. I got to fly first class for the first time. Never knew what I was missing - hot towels, endless booze, good food, friendly flight attendants - how will I ever go back to coach!?

You already know I think I have the best mom in the world, but I'm so thankful for her love of travel and that she still takes her grown up kids along with her for the adventure. Can't wait for the next one.

(And I came home to my hubby asking me a question I wasn't quite expecting...just yet).

*images courtesy of me and my iPhone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment