Sunday, October 7, 2012

our little princess





I didn't even realize until I logged into blogger today that my last post was the morning before I was admitted to the hospital and my entire world changed.

I didn't even have a doctor's appointment, I was just dropping off maternity leave paperwork, but because my blood pressure had started to become a problem the nurse went ahead and checked it since I was there. Of course my doctor happens to be out of town, so I'm being told by another doctor in the practice that I needed to drive immediately to the hospital. In total shock. I called Jonathan hysterical.

I was very scared going into the hospital alone, but no sooner than I was dressed in my gown there's Jonathan rushing into the room. Never was I so happy to see him. We're told I'd stay in the hospital for two weeks and then be induced.

Not, but twelve hours later we're being told forget the two weeks we're inducing you now due to low amniotic fluid. In total shock again, I was only 35 weeks. I'm induced and 28 hours later...

On Friday, August 17 at 2:40PM our baby girl came into the world at 3 pounds and 15 ounces. She stayed in the NICU for a week. It was incredibly difficult to be separated from her, but looking back I think some of the most magical memories were created there.

She's 7 weeks old and over 7 pounds. Miracles do happen.

Images by Jonny Carroll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment